Vietnam 3 project
Joint effort continuing to expand the haemophilia network and basic multidisciplinary care across Vietnam
National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion and Vietnam Hemophilia Association
Dr Mai Nguyen Thi, Head of Haemophilia Centre
3.5 years, Q1 2018 – Q2 2021
- Expand and strengthen infrastructure and care delivery for patients with bleeding disorders with 10 new satellite haemophilia treatment centres and 10 new patient clubs
- Create awareness about haemophilia through regional World Haemophilia Day events
- Raise patients’ and families’ knowledge about haemophilia and strengthen the haemophilia network through regional summer camps
- One-month in-depth training of 20 healthcare professionals from 10 provinces (haematologists, nurses, laboratory technicians and physiotherapists) trained by NIHBT, Hanoi.
- Quality assurance diagnosis programme carried out in Thanh Hoa province, following in-depth training and follow-up visit by NIHBT, Hanoi.
- Assessment and follow-up visit to Phu Tho and Nghe An province.
- Patient organisation chapters established in Phu Tho and Nghe An province, plus 778 people with haemophilia and their family members from a further 3 provinces were educated.
- Due to COVID-19, World Haemophilia Day was celebrated virtually with a live-stream facilitated by Vietnam Hemophilia Association.
Bringing haemophilia care closer to home
12 April 2021
Access to care should not depend upon where you live. That simple idea is the driving force behind NNHF’s vision and the third supported project in Vietnam. Since 2018, the team have been working towards one goal: enabling people with bleeding disorders across the country to access basic multidisciplinary care and faster emergency treatment closer to home.
To read more click here.
A step-by-step approach to expanding haemophilia care
26 May 2020
In the seventeen years that Dr Nguyen Thi Mai has worked in haemophilia, she has seen care expand from pockets of basic provision to a network that encompasses the whole country.
To read the full story click here.