Epidemiologic Identification of People with Haemophilia in Honduras (EIPHH)
Hospital Escuela, Department of Paediatric Haemato-oncology, Tegucigalpa
Dr Armando Peña Hernández, Professor of the Pediatric Department, National University
1.5 years, Q2 2011 – Q4 2012
- Laboratory created in Tegucigalpa
- Five laboratory technicians trained
- 15 evaluation days (one in San Pedro Sula and 14 in Tegucigalpa) leading to diagnosis of 189 patients
- 280 HCPs and patients educated in sessions in Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula, Tocoa and Juticalpa
- Two patient-focused training camps held for 30 patients
- 152 patients registered in regional patient registry.
“We all have clear roles and responsibilities to achieve our goals. The collaboration between patient association members and the medical team is fantastic because everybody has a part to play and a say,” María Del Carmen Agurcia, president of the patient association.