China 3 project
Improve reliability of diagnosis and comprehensive care by setting up a National Quality Assessment programme
Haematology Department, Ruijin Hospital affiliated to Medicine School of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai
Prof Hongli Wang
5 years, Q2 2012 – Q1 2017
- Improve the quality assessment in haemophilia laboratories in China
- Improve the awareness and knowledge of haemophilia in rural areas of selected less privileged provinces
- Find and diagnose 1,000 new people with haemophilia
- Maintain and update the established national web-based bleeding disorders registry
- One extraordinary effort to collaboration with the Haemophilia Treatment Centre Collaborative Network of China (HTCCNC)
- 248 laboratory technicians from 113 centres in China trained in coagulation techniques
- One consistent system of testing and diagnosis resulting in quality data across the country
“The Central Laboratory is experienced in running Quality Assurance schemes for other laboratory tests, but this will be its first scheme for haemostasis. We are looking forward to applying our expertise in this new area,” Dr Peng, Head of the Central Laboratory.
“Chinese government has been paying more and more attention to the development of haemophilia care in recent years. We are therefore very thankful for NNHF for launching this project to support the construction of haemophilia diagnosis system in China,” Dr Ziyu Shen from the Ministry of Health of China at the opening ceremony.