Bangladesh 1 project
Improving quality of care for haemophilia in three centres in Bangladesh
Dhaka Medical College
Prof Salma Afrose, Hematologist
4 years, Q4 2015 – Q3 2019
- Increase capacity of the multidisciplinary teams in Dhaka, Rajshahi and Rangpur
- Develop diagnostic facilities for coagulation studies
- Educate people with haemophilia and families and encourage them to attend the newly trained centres
- Engage authorities and the public for more support to bleeding disorders
Acquiring knowledge to inspire others
The project team of this first NNHF project in Bangladesh, aware of the need to improve haemophilia care in their country, initiated a small project to build partnerships both within and across borders to plan a much-needed development strategy.
To read more click here.
- Strategic plan developed
- Medical network between Dhaka, Rajshahi and Rangpur established
- Basic care decentralised to Rajshahi and Rangpur
- Collaboration with India established