Azerbaijan 2 project
Establish haemophilia care in Nakhchivan region and improve physiotherapy care across Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan Republic Association of Hemophilia, Baku
Gulnara Huseynova, President
2.5 years, Q3 2017 – Q1 2020
- Establish haemophilia care in Nakhchivan
- Advocate for better care in Nakhchivan
- Improve physiotherapy care
- Raise awareness of people with haemophilia and families
- Care is more accessible to people with haemophilia, especially for the population living in Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- People with haemophilia experience an increase in their quality of life, having fewer complications of the condition
- 70 newly diagnosed people with haemophilia, increasing the diagnosis rate by 5%
Connecting an autonomous Republic
The Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic of Azerbaijan is separated from the rest of the country, making access to haemophilia care very difficult. By decentralising care beyond the mainland, this project created a new hub to establish care in the isolated region.
To read more click here.