Argentina 1, Salta project
Comprehensive approach to patients with haemophilia and their families in the province of Salta
Haemophilia Foundation of Salta
María Sol Cruz, President
2 years, Q3 2012 – Q2 2014
- Carry out a comprehensive approach to people with haemophilia and their families in the province of Salta
- Obtain an overview of the situation of each person with haemophilia
- Evaluate, educate and sensitise all people with haemophilia and their families
- Create space for physician and psychologist consultations and a laboratory in Salta City
- Train healthcare professionals in the province of Salta
- 86 patients and 227 family members have been evaluated and educated
- 44 healthcare professional training sessions have been conducted, including 188 doctors, 299 nurses, 33 biochemists, 9 psychologists and 404 health agents
- 33 educational workshops held at local schools, including 928 students and teachers
- New diagnoses of 3 people with haemophilia A, 1 with haemophilia B and 6 with von Willebrand
- 40 comprehensive reports have been created to ensure continuity of care for each patient
- 14,700 hard and highly rewarding kilometres of travel have been logged by the project team
Find out more about the project results here.
“We are visiting patients in their homes every weekend, to help them to understand their condition. As well as medical advice and assessment, we also provide psychological support,” María Sol Cruz, project partner.
NNHF Project of the Year award 2013 – Argentina 1
Congratulations to our Argentina 1 project partners for creating life-changing networks in Salta, Argentina. To read more about the project highlights click here.